Wednesday, August 17, 2011

And life goes on . . .

Today started the beginning of my senior year of college. I think it would mean more if it were actually my last year of school instead of my last year of undergrad. Its hard to get excited when I still have at least 7 more years of school beyond UT. It hasn't even been a week since I arrived home from Zimbabwe, and I have already jumped head first into athletic training and school. Yesterday I sat on the side of the Lady Vol soccer field watching our girls practice in one of the best women's soccer facilities in the nation. They all had matching cleats, socks, shorts, and practice jerseys. Only a week ago I had watched as girls only a little younger then they had played barefoot on a hole-infested field.They had no jerseys or cleats with which to play. They were only content that they had the chance to play. You know, with this being my fourth trip to Africa I thought I wouldn't really get culture shock. I mean I've seen this kind of poverty before but every time I hate coming home to what this American culture has become. Honestly, I think it hurts the most this time around. I don't want to be here caught up in everyday life. It's really hard for me to focus on school and helping with the soccer team. Well, it's really hard for me to even think right now. But, life goes on and God has me here right now for a reason. No matter how much my heart aches, I have to refocus on my mission field here. Please pray that I would be faithful to renew my mind daily, or even hourly if needed. That I would take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ and give Him complete control.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Bridegroom

I stood by the window in the church office, ready with my white dress on, hair in soft curls and make up that made me look like a movie-star...